Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ignorance.

My friend Bob posted an anti-Obama facebook status: "O.B.A.M.A ... One Big Ass Mistake America!!! Huhuhuhuhuhu!!!". Although I am pretty sure my dear friend Bob knows little to nothing about politics, he is still entitled to his opinion. But this douche bag decided to chime in with this comment: "i agree.... o.b.a.m.a. free the slaves and now they rule over us...imagine that" And some other Douche bag had the audacity to like this comment. Hello? Could he be any more racist? Like slavery is something to joke about? What is wrong with people? I guess I forgot how ignorant people still are in 2010. It is so sad and pathetic. I don't care if you agree with Obama's policies, but it is a SHAME that you are implying that it was a mistake to abolish slavery. 


So Congratulations. You are proof satan exists. 



UPDATE: This young, gentlemen has since apologized. It takes a lot to admit fault, and I admire him for doing so. Let us all, including me, learn to think before we speak/type. 

6 comments:

  1. Sharon I love the blog! You know I am not a Obama lover BUT racism is horrible. Hey Loren Green my mamma has taught me and it took me a very long time to figure it out but: Its better to be thought of a fool, Then to speak out loud and remove all doubt! Love ya Sharon and Kory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know racism is horrible, and im sorry about my comment, i spoke before i thought and i shouldnt have. if i could go back and not write that i would. i am hurt that you have slaughtered my name as an individual, but hey i guess i deserved it. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not going to lie, you did deserve it - and you deserve to let your name and face be slaughtered..but maybe now you will think twice before saying things like that. No one should be treated like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserved it, you deserved EVERY bit of it - 100 percent. You deserved to have you name slaughtered because what you said was not right. I am proud to be part African American. I am proud to have that gene. Because I know that somewhere along my family line I had fighters in my family..STRONG people. & for you to put MY family down and the race in general was HURTFUL and so uncalled for. SO I am glad you apologize and you realize how bad that comment was. Im glad you learned your lesson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon- thanks for visiting my blog! I didn't know you had a blog. I love it :) I hope everything is treating you guys well in Seattle. I bet you're missing home like crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete